- Our Story
OUR FOUNDING LEADERS
From 1996 to present
Dato' Sri Lee Ee Hoe, JP · 李益輝
Group Executive Chairman
Dato' Sri Lee Ee Hoe, JP, is the co-founder of Apple Vacations & Conventions; the first overseas travel agency to receive the "Japan Tourism Agency Commissioner's Commendation Award" in 2013.
Dato' Sri Lee(or fondly known as Leesan) is also the first recipient in the tourism industry worldwide to be bestowed the prestigious Imperial Decoration the "Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Rays" by the Emperor of Japan in 2015. This is in recognition of his longstanding contributions in the development and promotion of tourism between Japan and Malaysia, as well as his bold move to lead the first tour to Japan soon after Japan’s devastating tsunami, earthquake and radioactive leak in 2011. Leesan is the Lifetime Overseas Advisor of the Taiwan Leisure Farming Development Association since 2009.
In 2014, he was appointed as the Mie Prefecture Overseas Tourism Ambassador by Government of Mie Prefecture Japan. Being a tourism industry veteran with more than 30 years of experience, he has shared his travel knowledge with many with his belief "This is a Journey" by being an active columnist for medias.
He is an author for 2 books which were published at Hong Kong and Mainland. As of August 2017, Leesan has traveled to 107 countries, 6 continents which includes 3 times to Antarctica and 1 time to North Pole and 2 times to Trans-Siberia 9288km. He is a member of Traveler's Century Club located in California, United States.
The Malaysian tourism sector has been identified as one of the major contributors to the country's economic growth under the Eighth Malaysia Plan and Leesan has a keen interest in being involved. He is hoping to greatly expand and develop the tourism industry and his focus include the hotel industry, institutes for tourism studies, eco-tourism gardens, aviation, logistics, second home housing development, investment in the international outdoor stage performance of Impression Melaka, etc.
Leesan graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Tokyo International University in 1996. In 2016, he was awarded the Best Alumni Award for his work and contribution. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Ee_Hoe
Dato' Sri Koh Yock Heng · 許育興
Group Managing Director
Dato' Sri Koh Yock Heng (also fondly known as Kohsan) is the co-founder of Apple Vacations & Conventions and a dedicated traveler with strong communication and organisational skills.
He has 30 years of experience in the tourism industry under his belt, which includes extensive experience in tour guiding, both locally and internationally. His field experience includes conducting tours and working on tour operation and planning in Japan, where he spent a few years learning and understanding the market.
A consultant and expert in travel and tour agency management, Kohsan has been instrumental in helping Apple Vacations form strategic partnerships with the various sectors. Under his guidance, Apple Vacations has collaborated with the airlines, bankers, hoteliers, international golfing associations and corporate leaders.
Kohsan is also a micro management expert, and has been instrumental in the success of Apple Vacations Signature packages, in particular those involving new destinations planning and marketing. Dynamic and conscientious, Kohsan continuously keeps his nose to the ground to sniff out potential growth opportunities towards developing Apple Vacations into a world-class leader in the travel business.
With this he is eagerly developing Apple's regional office at Tokyo, Singapore and Jakarta, etc. Apart from this, Kohsan has keen involvement in developing food and beverage with the set up of Rokko Japanese restaurant, Capitol Cafe and BBQ Square Thai restaurant. This marks the start of another inspiring chapter in Apple Vacations & Conventions. Kohsan graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Tokyo International University.
It is no secret that Apple Vacations' success today is largely attributed to its people - the 300 Applenian · 蘋果人 across all sectors who each play their roles in a responsible, accountable manner to every Apple customer who cross our paths.
The team spirit and cohesive performance did not come naturally. Apple Vacations invests heavily in regular and hands-on training sessions to increase exposure and product knowledge. Ground staff meticulously trained in five main sectors: corporate services, after-sales service, pre-sales service, daily itinerary, and after-tour services; while tour leaders and guides are provided extensive training in tour management, crowd control, crisis management and customer service.
The perfect alignment of booking agents with experienced and well-travelled tour leaders result in a complete package that promise nothing but the best quality travel experience.
- Multi-national: Includes Chinese, Malays, Indians, Singaporeans, Filipinos, Japanese, Indonesians, etc.
- Age group: 80% are aged 35 and below.
- Education level: 95% possess a diploma or higher.
APPLE VACATIONS GROUP OF COMPANY
How did we get our name
Our founder, Leesan, noticed that countries with different languages still pronounce 'apple' in a similar way and that people know what an apple is, no matter where they go. It catches strong marketing effect. Apples are also healthy and fun, and that's what we want to offer in our tours, hence the name Apple Vacations.
We are sincerely ready to serve, to lead the trend, to plan and to share our travel experience. With the driven of our responsibility, creativity and challenging spirit, We will become a sustainable enterprises and also an examplar in the tourism industry. With this, we will Also fulfilled and enhance tourism culture of the travelers.
What you might know about APPLE
- Established since 1996.
- We are the most innovative travel and tour companies in Malaysia.
- We have a staff of around 300 people, and we call ourselves Applenian.
- We are energetic and fun, but most of all we love travel!
- Our corporate colour is purple(*towards violet).
- Our Apple Vacations HQ is situated in Malaysia. Apple Vacations has also established strong branding and a regional presence in Southeast Asia with branch offices in Tokyo, Jakarta and Singapore.
- Our official website is www.appleholiday.com which pulls in a monthly viewership of 100,000.
What you might not know about Apple Vacations
- We are constantly developing and adding new tours every destination and every season - Thematic and In-depth tours arrangment.
- We don't engage in price slashing wars- our Apple team promotes qualit packages with affordable prices for the public.
- Our Group Inclusive Tour(GIT) are divided into specific departments to enable us to customise tours to meet every demand, and to provide the best services to our customer. This is evident with the departments we have – MICE department, Muslim section, Asia, West, FIT, Wholesale, Ticketing etc.
- Our Frequent Individual Travelers(FIT) offers arrangements for customized ground services, coach, cruise packages, booking services for hotels and other accommodation, etc.
- We have been running Chartered Direct Flights to Hokkaido for seven continuous years, since December 2010. Our upcoming Chartered Direct Flight will be to Bhutan, Central Japan and Okinawa in 2017 and 2018.
- We live by the philosophy of 'Creating Unforgettable Journeys", a statement implying our confidence in being different.
- We are now developing a Customer Relationship Management(CRM) system to track and measure marketing campaigns over multiple networks. This is to decrease idle and unproductive contact with our customers.
- We focused on delivering a positive customer experience and reshaping customer expectations on travel packages. This is defined through our strategic imperatives by responding to customer feedback and insights.
THE APPLE JOURNEY 我們的故事，蘋果之旅
The story of Apple Vacations is one of determination, resilience and diligence.
From a humble travel agency dealing with inbound and outbound tour packages in 1996, Apple Vacations and Conventions has evolved into a formidable travel consultancy offering comprehensive travel services.
Driven by the fiery passion of its founders, Leesan and Kohsan, Apple Vacations proved itself to be a trailblazer in new destinations and unique experiences, setting itself apart as a reliable, value-for-money travel agent in Malaysia.
THEMATIC & INDEPTH TOURS 主题深度旅游
Forget Touch and Go packaged tours that leave you breathless at the end of a holiday! Apple Vacation, a pioneer in Indepth Tours, brings you insights and insider views of each country you visit, at affordable costs to boot.
Arrive as a guest, leave as a friend!
As the Apple Journey Goes On 未來：蘋果之旅繼續展開
The last 21 years has proven Apple Vacations & Conventions to be a highly successful homegrown brand that puts Malaysia on the world map, while mapping the world for Malaysians who love traveling.
If there is one word to describe Apple Vacations, it must be 'Innovation'. With a strong focus on differentiation, the company is a true embodiment of 'KAIZEN' and 'KAIHEN' , the Japanese philosophy of constant improvement.
The company tagline – It's a journey, not a destination – is applied not only to our tours but also as a corporate philosophy. The business itself is considered a Work In Progress, as Apple Vacations drives towards its vision of becoming the best travel agency in the region and beyond.
After conducting numerous market surveys and internal studies, the management had decided to extend the travel services from Malaysia to Singapore. Apple Vacations Singapore PTE.LTD (AVS) has officially kicked off it's operation on July 2011.
Apple Vacations Singapore (AVS) is positioned to be one of the major travel service providers and Japan Travel specialists for Singapore market.
With vast experiences, AVS will continue to provide 'In-depth' or 'tailor made' itineraries for our customers. And the Japan package tours namely 'One-stop Travel Concept' is a new concept, which commited to provide Singapore travellers a new experience in tour packages to Japan.
Despite of being the professional of Japan Tour, AVS also intends to provide creative itineraries that offer enjoyable experience in greater value around the world .
And let's not forget to mention the establishment of another branch in Jakarta 2 years ago,Apple Vacations Indonesia(AVI) which is to serve and to share our experience of Japan tour with Indonesia market.